Air Products South Africa (Pty) Ltd. will be an industry leader in environmental, health and safety performance and we’re committed to the following basic principles in managing our businesses in South Africa:
- Compliance with all applicable environmental, health, and safety laws and regulations.
- Continual improvement in health, safety and security performance with the ultimate goal of zero injuries.
- Continual reduction of the environmental impact of our operations in support of our sustainability goals, including the prevention of all accidental releases of toxic and hazardous materials and full compliance with our environmental permits.
- Design and operations of our plants and facilities in a manner that protects the environment and the health, safety and security of our employees, contractors and the public.
- EH&S Risk Management processes applied on significant risks, in pursuit of your objectives.
- Development and production of products that can be manufactured, distributed, used, and recycled or disposed of in a safe, secure and sustainable manner.
- Open discussion of our environmental, health and safety practices and performance.
- Active participation in Responsible Care and similar initiatives in Southern Africa.
Our vision is to be a leader in protecting the environment, health and safety of all our employees, customers and communities in which we operate.
Environmental Protection Values
Sound environmental management is critical to Air Products’ success and our adherence to ISO 14001 principles make it possible for the company’s operations to be sustained.
- We have a responsibility to protect the environment through sustainable development for future generations
- We have an obligation to protect human health and the environment for the benefit of the communities in which we operate
- We can manage our environmental impacts by reducing wastes and emissions and by pursuing the ultimate goal of zero emissions of toxic and hazardous materials
- Resources must be conserved and used efficiently to foster environmental stewardship
Occupational Health Values
Air Products is committed to providing working conditions which will promote high levels of well-being for all of its employees.
- Our employees are our greatest asset – their health and wellness on and off the job is vital
- Workplace health risks can be identified and can be controlled
- Management is responsible for controlling health risks and exposures and ensuring illness prevention is practised in every place where we work
- Each employee is responsible for their individual health protection and ensuring our occupational health practices are followed
Total Safety™ Values
Total Safety is the ongoing integration of safety into all activities with the objective of attaining industry leadership in safety performance.
- Nothing is more important than safety – not production, not sales, not profits
- All accidents and injuries are preventable, not inevitable
- Safety is a management responsibility and safety can be managed
- Safety is a way of life. . . around the clock
- Every task must be performed with a concern for safety for ourselves, our fellow employees, our contractors, our visitors, our customers and the communities in which we operate
A commitment to total safety is the commitment to doing things right. Ultimately this results in the elimination of injuries and optimisation of all activities. Air Products is committed to providing working conditions which will promote high levels of well being for all of its employees.
Safety and quality are key strategic and operational elements for Air Products South Africa and the company has worked hard to become ISO 9001:2008-accredited for quality management systems at all its facilities. ISO 9001:2008, however, has a wide application, which means that internationally recognised quality systems are in place in every aspect of the business, including production, management, finance, HR, purchasing, supply chain, and administration. Being ISO 9001:2008-accredited is an important part of Air Products’ drive for continuous improvement.
In addition, Air Products South Africa has achieved multi-site certifications for ISO 14001:2004 and ISO 22000:2005. These certifications have been awarded by the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS).
Our vision for the future is to become the Industry leader in Quality of every product and service we provide in every market we serve.